The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is the best android tablet of 2012. Samsung has done a great job with this tablet. The galaxy note 10.1 inspires many people with its best creativity features. It is the first Sasmung's tablet that came with stylus s-pen. The galaxy note 10.1 is well known for its creativity features because the versatile and precise s-pen offers a great experience when sketching and note-taking, making this the ideal creative tablet. The galaxy note 10.1 N8000 is a GSM tablet and supports voice communication, SMS and MMS. It has GSM/HSPA technology. This tablet has a powerful Exynos Quad Core 1.4 GHz Cortex A9, 2 GB RAM and 16/32/64 GB of buit in storage. It has card slot microSD,upto 64 GB. This tablet comes in Black and White/Silver color.
The last update that galaxy note 10.1 N8000 received was 4.1.2 Jelly Bean in January 2013. For some unknown reasons this tablet didn't get 4.2.2 or 4.3. Samsung directly pushed out 4.4.2 kitkat update for this tablet skipping the 4.2 or 4.3 update.
Today i will show how to update your galaxy note 10.1 N8000 to 4.4.2 KitKat. Some of the users got the KitKat update through OTA (over the air). But those who didn't get this update through OTA can follow this guide to update their device to new 4.4.2 KitKat. The 4.4.2 KitKat for galaxy note N8000 brings many new changes and improvements to the device such as new notification bar, new lock screen, better UI experience and many more.
The method listed below is an official method designed by samsung. Odin is official samsung's tool for flashing firmwares on Samsung phones. The Android 4.4.2 XXUDNE4 is an official OS for galaxy note 10.1 N8000 so you will not loose your warranty. If your tablet is rooted then you will loose root. Although this method is official but you should be very careful when applying the following steps.
- NOTE: This is fully valid method, i have tried this and it is safe but remember that you may mess things up if you do not do this properly. So do this at your own risk. If you are completely new to this then you should not try this at your first. If any thing wrong happens with your device then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible for this. Thanks.
DISCLAIMER: This method is only for galaxy note 10.1 model GT-N8000. Do not try this on any other model. This is an official method developed and offered by samsung so don't worry. Odin is samsung's official tool for flashing firmware on samsung phones. As the firmware is official so you will not loose your warranty.
Here are the details for this firmware.
OS Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Model: Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
Build Date: May 2014
Product Code: DBT (Germany)
NEW CHANGES AND FEATURES IN THE UPDATE
> New notification bar.
> White icons on the status bar.
> New multi apps tray.
> Smooth Performance.
> Better response of apps.
> New improved UI (user interface).
> Better battery performance.
> Changes in camera interface.
> New lock screen.
> Can add widgets to lock screen.
> Default apps feature under settings.
> And many more,,,,
THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIRMWARE
Before you proceed to flash the firmware prepare these necessary things as follows so your phone will not be screwed up.
- Backup all your important files like photos, videos, contacts, messages, applications, so that you will not loose them if any thing might get wrong.
- The battery of your tablet should be charged maximum to avoid power failure issues while updating.
- Also make sure that USB data cable of your tablet is perfectly working.
DOWNLOAD REQUIRED FILES
First of all you need to download required files. So download them on our PC.
Download Samsung USB drivers from (here) and install on your PC if required.
Steps to Install 4.4.2 Kitkat on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
- At first, extract the firmware N8000XXUNDE4 and Odin that you have downloaded from the link above.
- Run the Odin_3.09 flash program.
- After running the Odin click on the PDA or AP button and select the unzipped firmware which is N8000XXUDNE4_N8000OXADNE4_N8000XXUDNE1_Home.tar.md5 file. Also make sure that no option is checked except Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- On your tablet go to the Settings-->System-->Developer Options and enable USB Debugging mode. If you do not find any developer options in settings then go to About Phone in settings and tap on “Build number” repeatedly. This will enable Developer options on you tablet and then enable USB Debugging mode.
- Now reboot the galaxy note 10.1 N8000 into download mode by doing the following method.
- First switch off the device. Now press and hold the power+Volume down buttons for about 5 seconds. A warning screen will appear. From there press the volume up button. Your tablet will then go into Download mode.
- After that, Connect your galaxy note 10.1 N8000 to PC via a USB data cable. You will see that Odin will detect your device and one of the small boxes above will be highlighted like in the picture below.
- When all following above procedure is set. Click on the Start button.
- You will see that the Odin will start flashing the Firmware. Now during the flash you should be careful that there should be no interruption nor you should do anything to your phone. Your phone can be messed up if you accidentally interfere.
- After the firmware is flashed completely you will see the PASS message appear on the Odin.
- Now wait until the phone reboots then unplug the cable. At first your tablet will take some time to completely reboot.
Your galaxy note 10.1 N8000 is officially updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Go to serttings=>About Phone and verify the new firmware version running on the tablet.
Also note that Odin might get stuck at any point. So don't panic just unplug the cable, close the Odin, then run the Odin again, plug the the cable to your PC and apply the update process once more.
HOW TO FIX IF YOU ARE STUCK AT BOOTLOOP OR SAMSUNG LOGO
If your galaxy note 10.1 is stuck at samsung logo or booting animation. Go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Power+Volume Up buttons together. Scroll down to Wipe data/Factory reset with the help of volume button and select by power button and perform the action. After that perform the Wipe Cache Partition. Now press the reboot option to reboot the device. Note that by performing wiping task your all internal data will be erased.
That's it guys. Thanks to every one. Hope that you got all the information you needed.