Android Marshmallow 6.0 is the latest Android version and so every android phone owner wishes this update for their android smartphones but not all of them are so lucky to get the Update but we have a good news for all Galaxy S5 SM-G900F users because now they can have Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 G900F.
CyanogenMod which is most popular ROM community has released Cm13 Nightly for Samsung S5 SM-G900F, which is based on Marshmallow 6.0.1. This ROM is only for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F which is the international version of 2014 Samsung S series Flagships. According to the reports Samsung has confirmed that all their flagship of 2014 till now will receive Marshmallow update. You can follow this easy guide to install CM13 Nightlies Rom Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 G900F.
CyanogenMod like always, did their best to let the S5 SM-G900F users taste the latest Android version Marshmallow. The process of flashing CM 13 on S5 SM-G900F is given below.
Flashing CM13 (Marshmallow) on S5 SM-G900F
Installing CM 13 (Nightly) Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 G900F is very easy, all you need to do is follow our instructions carefully but keep in mind that this CM13 ROM may contain some bugs because it is in early stages of development but don't worry it is quite ready for daily usage. Remember that this is a custom rom not the official firmware. Also read the disclaimer and necessary instructions before proceeding.
- This method is only for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. Do not try this on any other. It is recommended for advance users only. If something goes wrong with your phone during or after the process then Droidopinions.com will not be responsible. Do this only at you own risk. Installing a Custom is an unofficial process so your phone's warranty will be lost.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- First of all Confirm the model of your Galaxy S5 by going to Settings>>General>>About Phone>>Model No. Make sure it is SM-G900F then proceed.
- Backup your important data like Contacts, SMS, Call Logs, Pictures, Videos etc.
- Charge your phone battery to maximum ( above 60%) to avoid power failure issue.
- Your Phone should have a Custom recovery Install (twrp or cwm) to install the custom rom.
Download Required Files
Download the Required files below on your PC and then move them on your phone storage.
Download: CM13 Nightly for SM-G900F (zip file)
Download: Google Apps 6.0
Procedure to Install CM13 (Nightly) Marshmallow on Galaxy S5 G900F
- Connect your S5 SM-G900F with your PC via USB cable and transfer the downloaded files ( CM13.zip and Gapps.zip) to your phone storage. Do not extract the files.
- Now turn your phone off.
- Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Home+Volume Up+Power buttons for few seconds and release when the recovery menu appears.
- In the recovery menu you can scroll down and up by volume buttons and select by power button.
- Now from there scroll down wipe data factory reset (this will erase your all data) after that wipe cache, wait till completion.
- Now in the main recovery menu select install zip option > choose zip from SD and then find and select CM13 Rom and install, it will take few minutes to install.
- After installing CM 13 again choose zip from SD and find and select Gapps.zip and install.
- Now go to the main recovery menu and select the option reboot system now, at first start up your phone may take some time to show up the home screen. So have patience and All Done!!
Note: If your phone is stuck at boot screen or logo then follow the instructions here.
That's all about Installing 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Hope you like it. If you have any problems or questions then ask in the comments section below. Please share it and subscribe. Sharing buttons are below and subscription box is at the end.