If you have installed any custom recovery like CWM or TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy device to flash a custom ROM and now you want to install stock recovery on Samsung Galaxy Android then follow this guide. The stock recovery is the default recovery comes with an android device and it is needed for installing OTA updates, without stock recovery OTA update don’t work. OTA update is the official update that comes from the company or carrier.
The Samsung devices recoveries mostly have TAR or ZIP formats and we have provided the method to install both format recoveries below. TAR format recovery can be installed using Odin tool and zip file recovery is only flashable via Custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. As you have already a custom recovery on your phone so installing a stock recovery zip file would be easy for you. Before installing any recoveries on your device Backup your data so you may not lose it under different circumstances.
Install Stock Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Android Device
If you know the flashing process then it is very easy for you to install stock recovery on Samsung Android. You just need to follow the instructions below. There are two methods for for Stock Recovery installation on Galaxy devices. One is with Odin flash tool and other is with custom recovery.
Installing Stock Recovery in .tar Format
Download stock recovery for your specific model from Google.
- 1. To install TAR format recovery download Odin v3.09 software on your PC.
- 2. Make sure Samsung USB drivers are properly installed on your computer.
- 3. Download TAR recovery file on PC and then extract the Odin tool.
- 4. Now boot your Galaxy device into download mode, to do so turn it off completely and then press and hold volume down + home and power buttons simultaneously. A warning screen will appear press volume up to enter download mode.
- 5. Launch Odin software on PC and connect your device with PC using data cable. You’ll see ‘Added!!’ Message on Odin window which means it detected your device if not try reinstalling USB drivers or try a different USB cable
- 6. Now click AP button on Odin and then locate TAR recovery file and select it.
- 7. Make sure only Auto reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked and then hit the start button.
- 8. Flashing will begin and you will see PASS! alert on Odin window which means stock recovery has been installed on your device. Your device will reboot, now you can unplug it.
Installing Stock Recovery in .zip Format
Install Stock Recovery for your specific model in .zip format from google.
- 1. Zip recovery file can only be installed via custom recovery CWM, TWRP etc.
- 2. T0 Flash the zip file transfer it to your device SD card.
- 3. Now boot your device into recovery mode turn it off and after haptic feedback press and hold Volume up + power and home buttons.
- 4. Now you are in recovery mode, tap install option and navigate to recovery file and select it.
- 5. After that tap start and zip will be flashed, In main menu tap reboot.
That is it. Hope you understand how to install stock recovery on Samsung Galaxy Android devices. Comment below if you have any questions. Please share it and subscribe to our blog.