Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
The new Android Marshmallow OS is full of features and every one wants to enjoy it on his phone. Marshmallow will release for some of the Android devices, but after a little time. For Galaxy S4, no one knows whether Marshmallow will release or not. But you can enjoy the Marshmallow OS on your Galaxy S4 LTE via a custom rom. I am going to show you how to Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. CrDroid is a Marshmallow based Custom Rom or Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE model with very cool awesome features. It runs perfect on Galaxy S4 with no performance issues.
So all of those who are willing to install Android Marshmallow on their Galaxy S4 LTE can do this by installing CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow based. For now the official update is not available for Galaxy S4 but you can install this Custom Rom if you can’t wait for official 6.0 update to be release. CrDroid Custom Rom is packed with many cool features like Ad Blocker, Ambient Backlight Control, Lock apps on recent panel , call blacklist etc. The rom is pretty stable and runs very smoothly on the phone.
The guide to Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE is below. If you want to install it on your device then follow the instructions below carefully. Do keep in mind that installing the Custom is an unofficial process, so, do it at your own risk. You will need a Custom Recovery like TWRP, CWM or Philz to install the rom on the device as it is a custom process.
Updating Galaxy S4 LTE to Marshmallow via CrDroid Rom
You can install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow Rom on your Galaxy S4 LTE by following the method below. Your phone should have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP to install the Rom because a custom rom can only be installed by a custom a recovery. The method is for advance users only who have done this kind of process before.
Let us proceed to Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. Before proceeding read the disclaimer and necessary instructions.
- This method is only for Galaxy S4 having model no GT-I9505 only. Do not try this on any other model. If you are completely unaware of this process then you should not do this. Make sure that your phone has custom recovery installed for this process. Droidopinions.com will not be responsible if something goes wrong with your phone during or after the process. Try this at your own risk only. Installing the custom rom is an unofficial process, Thanks.
Necessary Instructions before Proceeding
- Go to phone Settings>>About Phone>>Model No. Make sure it is GT-I9505 then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc or it is recommended to take a full backup of phone using a custom recovery to avoid data loss in case anything wrong happens.
- Your device should be rooted with custom recovery installed.
- Charge your device up to 60% to minimize power failure risks.
- Your PC should have Samsung USB Drivers installed.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
- A PC or a Laptop
- Properly working USB Data Cable
Download Required Files
Download: CrDroid Marshmallow Rom for S4 LTE
Download: Google Apps
Download: Samsung USB Drivers
Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE, Steps
It is better if you factory reset your device before doing the process.
- First of all download the CrDroid Rom and Google Apps from the links above on your PC or your phone if you have a better data connection. Do not extract the files.
- If you have downloaded the files on computer then connect your Galaxy S4 LTE to the computer and move both of the files to the phone external or internal storage.
- Disconnect the device from the computer and turn it off.
- Press and hold Home+Volume Up+Power button for few seconds and release when recovery menu appears.
- In the recovery menu scroll down to the wipe cache partition and select and confirm the task. Now go the advance option of the recovery. There will be an option wipe dalvik cache, select it and confirm the task. It is not necessary though but helpful in clean installation of the Rom.
Note: You can scroll down and up by volume button and select by power button in the recovery menu.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu. Scroll down to the option install zip from sd card. Select it. It will take you to some other options. Now from there select the option choose zip from sd card.
- Find the CrDroid Rom that you have downloaded and moved to your phone in the first step.
- Now if you find the Rom which is in .zip file, select it and confirm the task to begin installation of the Rom. Wait for some time till the Rom installs completely.
- After the Rom is installed, again choose zip from sd card. Find the Google Apps.zip file that you downloaded. Select it and confirm to install. Wait till it installs completely.
- After you have installed both the files i,e CrDroid and Google Apps, go back to the main recovery menu. Select the reboot system now option to restart your phone.
- Your device will now reboot with the new Marshmallow CrDroid Custom Rom installed. Wait for some time. At first start up it would take some time to show up the some screen. So, wait till your phone shows up the home screen. And All Done!!!
Congratulations you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to the latest Android Marshmallow via CrDroid custom rom. Head over to settings>>about phone to checkout the new software info on your phone. Hope you like out tutorial to Install CrDroid Rom 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE. If you have any questions then ask in the comments section below.
Fix If your device stops at Boot Screen/Samsung Logo
It is a common problem that your device may stick at boot screen after flashing the rom on your device. If you encounter this problem then you would have to perform wipe data/factory reset from the recovery menu solve the problem. Refer to the link below to get instructions to solve this problem.
I hope your problem is solved, if not then let us know in the comments block.
So, that was it. Will meet you again. Bye!!