Those of you who want to Root AT&T Galaxy S6/s6 edge/S6 edge plus device follow this simple tutorial. Samsung Galaxy S6 is the last year flagship of Samsung and is one of the coolest smartphones of Samsung and now you can easily root your S6/S6 edge or S6 edge plus on any Android firmware. Now you don't need to worry about accessing root privileges. Odin will be used as a tool for this procedure, it is true that rooting an Android device is a bit risky process but our guide is safe and secure if you will follow the instructions carefully, you won't face any issues. Rooting gives your device deep access and it enhances your user experience if you want to know what are the benefits of root read below.
Rooting enables you to unlock hidden features of your Android system and also allows you to install incompatible apps, certain apps like Tasker gives you a lot more after rooting like changing CPU speed, toggling 3G, GPS tweaks and many more. Rooting can help you in saving your battery and improving its performance and speed. You can get rid of annoying ads by blocking them in any app. You can install and Flash custom roms and kernels of your choice. Now if you are still thinking the rooting is not fruitful you are wasting time.
Before proceeding you should be aware that Rooting Voids device warranty so do it on your own and this rooting guide is only for At&t Galaxy S6/S6 edge and S6 edge plus, Do Not try it on any other device or you'll brick it.
- For safety Backup your important data like Contacts, Apps, Texts and other multimedia
- Charge your device more than 50% to avoid power
- Enable USB debugging mode in Settings under developers options. You can activate developer options in Settings>>About Phone by tapping Build No seven times constantly.
Files to download
Download Stock Auto-root kernel for Galaxy S6, S6 edge, s6 edge plus and download Odin flash tool.
Root AT&T Galaxy S6/S6 edge/S6 edge plus, Steps
- Download odin and root file compatible with our phone model. After downloading extract and save the files on your PC.
2. Now turn your phone off and boot it into Download mode. To get in download mode press and hold Volume down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously. You'll see a warning screen showing download mode.
3. Now open Odin.exe program on PC and then connect your Galaxy S6 with your computer through USB cable. When Odin will detect your device you'll see 'Added!' message in message box. If it didn't happen reinstall Samsung USB drivers and try again.
4. Now if your device is detected hit PDA option and navigate for Custom Kernel file and Select it.
5. Confirm flashing by hitting Start button.
6. You will see loading bar on your device, once it's done Odin will show PASS alert.
7. Now your Galaxy S6 will reboot and first boot will take a little long time so be patient. Congrats! You've successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S6, to check install root checker.
That is it. Hope you liked our tutorial to Root At&t Galaxy S6/S6 edge/S6 edge plus. If you face any problems then comment below. Please like and share it. Subscribe to our blog if you are into android. //Bye