How to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop
LG G4 got the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update back in the October. Unfortunately the update was available only for sometime and then LG shut down the Marshmallow Update for LG G4. Some of the users were successful to get the Marshmallow OS on their LG G4 and others who didn’t, can also update their LG G4 H815 to 6.0 Marshmallow through our previously published article (here). However there may be some users who want to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop after spending some time with 6.0 Marshmallow OS. So, all who are willing to downgrade LG G4 to 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware can follow this tutorial.
Downgrading LG G4 is pretty simple. We will flash the Lollipop KDZ file on the LG G4 H815. First let me tell you that it has been reported that Downgrading LG G4 from Marshmallow to Lollipop is not possible with LG Flash tool because it didn’t support the device running on Marshmallow. But no need to worry because there is the new tool called LGUP through which we will downgrade LG G4 to Lollipop. LGUP is new tool for LG devices that allows to flash KDZ firmware files and using it is easier than LG Flash tool. So let us proceed to downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware.
Downgrading LG G4 to 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware
Today we will downgrade Lg G4 to the stock 5.1.1 lollipop firmware. If you are done with the Marshmallow OS on your LG G4 and want to get the 5.1.1 Lollipop OS back on your LG G4 then you should follow all the steps and instructions carefully explained below. We will install the 5.1.1 Lollipop KDZ file on LG G4 H815 via LGUP tool. However you should only do this process if your familiar this kind of process. Before proceeding read the necessary instructions and disclaimer.
- This process is only for LG G4 Model-No H815. Do not try this any other phone. The process is for advance users only. If you are completely unaware of this process then you should not do this. If something wrong happens with your phone during or after the process then Droidopinions.com will not be held responsible. So, try this at your own risk. The firmware is official. You will lose root access, if you have, after the process, Thanks.
Necessary Instructions Before Proceeding
- Check the model of your phone by going to Settings>>About Phone>>Hardware Information. Make sure it is H815 then proceed.
- Backup your important data like photos, videos, contacts, messages etc to avoid data loss for safety purpose.
- Charge your phone up to 70% to minimize power issues.
- Install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Your USB Data cable should be working properly.
What you Will Need
- LG G4 H815
- A PC or a Laptop
- USB Data Cable
Download Required Files
Download: 5.1.1 Lollipop KDZ file for G4 H815
Download: LGUP Tool
Download: LG Mobile Drivers
Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware, Steps
To downgrade LG g4 H815 to Lollipop, follow the step by step instructions below.
- Fist of all open the above link to download 5.1.1 Lollipop KDZ for LG G4 H815. There will be different lollipop KDZ files for different models. Clink on the H815 file and download Europe Open or Europe General or H81510c KDZ file for your G4 H815 on the PC.
- Now extract the downloaded file if possible. IF not then let it be same.
- Now download LGUP flash tool on your PC and extract.
- You will get different files after extracting LGUP tool. Install both of the files on your PC. (install dll file first and then LGUP file)
- After installing LGUP, launch the LGUP flash tool on your PC.
- Connect your LG G4 to the PC. LGUP will detect your phone and it will be listed on the LGUP screen.
- After that, click on the Upgrade option, and choose file path. Select the KDZ file that you downloaded in the first step.
- You can also select Refurbish option and click on start but this will erase your data and you will undergo a clean downgrade process. This one is most suitable but you can select any option you want. Both works fine.
- Now after all the above steps are done, press the Start button to begin the process and wait till the installation of the firmware completes.
Your device will restart automatically after the completion of the process. Now you have successfully installed the 5.1.1 Lollipop OS on your LG G4 H815. Hope you like out tutorial to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop. If you have any problem then ask in the comments section below. Now its time to go. Bye!!
If Device is Stuck at LG Logo or Boot Screen
If your device stops at Boot Screen or LG Logo or downgrading then you will need to hard reset your LG G4. By doing the hard reset all your data will be lost. For solving the problem, follow the instructions below to hard reset your phone.
- First of all turn off your phone.
- Now press and hold Power+Volume Down buttons for few seconds.
- When the LG Logo appears, quickly release the Power button only for a second and again hold the Power button.
- After that Factory Hard Reset Screen will appear and then release all the buttons.
- Now press the Power button to proceed and press it again to confirm the task.
Your phone will return to factory condition after performing hard reset and it will boot up normally and your problem will be solved. Please note that your phone may take some time to show up home screen. Now our tutorial to Downgrade LG G4 H815 to 5.1.1 Lollipop ends here. Thanks for following.